The Cazenovia Community Band is a diverse group of musicians drawn together by the love of music. Our members span a wide range of ages, skill levels and musical backgrounds. We welcome all players whether they're currently active instrumentalists, or are looking for an excuse to dust off an old horn. We play a variety of wind ensemble music from marches to show tunes and classical to contemporary. Cazenovia, NY, has had a community band of some kind for as long as we can remember, but the current membership was founded in 2010. The band is organized under and supported by the Greater Cazenovia Area Chamber of Commerce.
We practice on Wednesday at 7PM in the meeting hall of the First Presbyterian Church of Cazenovia, NY.
We are able to provide child care for school age children during rehearsal. Contact us for more information.
The purposes of this organization shall be:
- Present concerts for the enjoyment and cultural enrichment of the Greater Cazenovia community, surrounding areas and visitors.
- Provide a venue for local citizens of all ages to improve or maintain their musical skills and perform for personal satisfaction.
- To provide an opportunity for local musicians to promote musical education, exemplify the value of partnerships with other non-profit groups, and become a positive cultural influence in the community.
- Rehearsals for the Spring/Summer season are under way. Please join us.
2017 Spring/Summer Concert Schedule
Monday, June 5th, 6:30 PM at Zem's Ice Cream, Main Street, CanastotaRescheduled
- Sunday, June 11th, 11:30 AM at First Presbyterian Church, Cazenovia
- Thursday, June 22nd, 6:30 PM at Lakeland Park Gazebo, Cazenovia
- Wednesday, June 28th, 6:30 PM at Zem's Ice Cream, Main Street, Canastota
- Tuesday, July 4th, 1:00 PM at Cannon Park, Cazenovia (during the parade)
Saturday, July 15th, 7:00 PM Lorenzo State Historic Site, CazenoviaCancelled Monday, July 24th, 6:30 PM at Beard Park, S. Manlius Street, FayettevilleRescheduled for Wednesday, July 26th, 6:30 pm
- Saturday, July 29th, 2:00 PM, New Woodstock Historical Society, New Woodstock
- Wednesday, August 2nd, 6:30 PM, Willow Wind Beach, Lake Moraine, Hamilton